The Toblater Story

A journal of 6 food loving, sweet-toothed lasses persevering the never ending quandary against the utterly fattening Malaysian delicacies. Under the guidance of 2 trainers with opposing modus operandi, these lasses contend for “The Biggest Looser” title over the next 6 months. Follow their compelling tales of forced diets, loathed workouts, amusing treacheries, inspirational insights, infectious gossips and all things related/unrelated to this trivial tussle of feminine, yet feisty vixens

September 30, 2009

He Burst My Bubble

I was having lunch with my colleague at the foodcourt today when i was approached by an acquaintance.

Mr. A  : Eh, you dah kurus lah. You buat apa? ("You look slimmer. What did you do?")

Me       : Tak buat apa la. Kan puasa ("Nothing. It was the fasting month")

Mr. A  : Eh, you tak amik apa-apa ke? You nampak dah kurus ("Are you sure you did not take 'anything'? You look like you've lost some weight")

Me       : Tak, I...

he then rudely quickly cut me off

Mr. A  : I rasa you pakai baju hitamla sbb tu you nampak mcm dah kurus. Yelah, it's the baju ("I think the reason why you look slimmer is because you're wearing black. Yup, it's the top")

...and walked away.

I was stumped. Budussss.. (Stoooopiddddd).

Key Learning: If you think you've lost weight; do not wear black.

2 comments:

senah said...

Esah, I beg to differ on your learning outcome. If one has slimmed down and wears black, it will give the impression that one has lost double the amount of weight than is the case

enon on October 1, 2009 at 8:07 AM said...

4$$w1p3. ishhh positive bubble. positive bubble. positive bubble. ummmmmmmmm......