The Toblater Story

A journal of 6 food loving, sweet-toothed lasses persevering the never ending quandary against the utterly fattening Malaysian delicacies. Under the guidance of 2 trainers with opposing modus operandi, these lasses contend for “The Biggest Looser” title over the next 6 months. Follow their compelling tales of forced diets, loathed workouts, amusing treacheries, inspirational insights, infectious gossips and all things related/unrelated to this trivial tussle of feminine, yet feisty vixens

September 25, 2009

Law of Attraction

It all started yesterday.

A few of us Toblater gals (Esah, Enon, myself & honorary TBL mess) went beraya. We started off with Esah's hse, where she fed us all her yummy cookies (the Horlicks cookies are my personal favourite) and her oh-so-pedas fried macaroni. This was her way of sabo-ing Team #2's diet plan. Of course, the conversation veered into our TBL updates. My line of questioning to fellow team member, Enon began...

Enon: "Two nights ago, Esah and I went to U9t0*wn and had dinner"

Senah: "Ok so what was the damage?"

Enon: "Oh kueh teow goreng"

Senah: (Damnit tu my favourite jugak...musykil takkan tu je...kene probe further ni) "...and sotong goreng ke?"

Enon (smiles sheepishly): "A'ah.."

Senah: "Enon!!! I thought we had an open & honest relationship...kalau I tak tanya you takkan mengaku eh?"

Enon: "Jgnla marah Teacher...oh and I had another helping of kuey teow goreng"

Senah: "What???!!! (3 seconds lapsed) Chop ni dari kedai yg I suka tu ke? Sedap kan? Hehe"

Conclusion: Nampak sgt I cannot stay marah for long...confirm I team leader liberal

As the conversation dragged on, we realised we had to incorporate some positive thinking into our plan. That's when Esah suggested for us (Enon & myself) to read Law of Attraction by Michael J. Losier or The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. You see Esah comes from a family that loves to read all these serious self-help books. She confessed that she was the black sheep in the family as she loved all the chic lits and other reading material yg mengurangkan lagi IQ. So Enon's dad tries to practise elements of Law of Attraction and so she went on and on about what it preaches ("Oprah featured The Secret twice on her show ok"). Me being me...dengar jelah...Like it's not the first time I've heard of these books (I must admit I've googled about the books, researched about Laws of Attraction and Islam, read book reviews etc. I'm also on the mailing list of Law of Attraction -malu nak mengaku semlm)

Anyhoo~~ we soon adjourned to visit lil' Hamzah and his mummy. Since the last time I met HRH, I think he has changed quite a bit.  His chin is even more prominent now and his cheeks are blossoming to the extent that it is almost dwarfing his eyes, nose & mouth. In the 2 hours spent with HRH's mummy, 70% of the conversation centred on TBL & updates of the respective members. That's when LoA crept up again. I think it was either Esah or Enon who suggested we should go and visit the bookstore to get a copy of it after that.

And that's exactly what we did.

Along with Temah, we all headed to Th# Cu?v3. Btw, Temah brought along her copy of LoA versi Indon (cayalah Temah, nanti you summarise for all the Toblaters k?)

First stop: B05d3rs. No paperback. Being the cheapskates financially-savvy individuals that we are, we decided to check out M*H.

Second stop: M*H. Yeay! There were paperback copies. So Enon & I held on to our copies, while the rest were elsewhere checking out other stuff.

Temah was busy pestering the salesgirl to help her remove the plactis covers of all the books that she was interested in.

Esah & mess were at the mag section, browsing through all kinds of magazines from Ratu Sehari, Halal Hub (where mess spotted yummylicious D@r#1m- this story is reserved for a whole other entry) to even another mag that somehow now escapes my memory...where kayjay (this also deserves another entry :) is on the cover.

Well to cut a long story short, Enon & I have a copy of our own LoA. I'm proud to admit that I'm already on pg 62. Will update you gals on it once I'm done!

Love, I'm-in-the-process-of-having-a-slender-body Senah

5 comments:

enon on September 25, 2009 at 5:52 AM said...

Teacher Senah, I've just completed reading the 1st chapter of LoA. Reading your entry has helped me identify my contrasts (my poor diet control). Next step, clarity through contrast :P.

Detailed recap of our afternoon spent together, however Senah seems to have conveniently left out the whole f4512 tale and Esah-Mess' comprehensive 10min research session on f4c3800k. Hehe.

esah said...

my mantra is now "I'm in the process of getting Beyonce's figure and a oh-so-handsome-rich-generous-and-nice-boyfriend who will later marry me on 10-10-10".

senah, don't worry. we'll try to get more info on deris.

btw, kayjay's mag is harper's bazaar. menarik uols~

messaziz said...

the discovery of D@r#1m tu kerja si esah. she had no reason to pick up that mag and flip through, so it must be kismet!

Esah juga agak tergoda untuk beli harper's bazaar, just because of kay jay. haha.

messaziz said...

btw that thingy up there (buta IT sungguh) with the pictures and names is cool! sonang den nak ingat who's who.

p/s: siapa yang ada banyak masa sangat tu? hehe

Gai (HAHA, glamour ok!) said...

Cool blog-idea. Adds up to my list of growing blogs to surf at the office bila boring. haha.

Thank god for the banner. Or else i'd have to flick back and forth to our FB thread, cause i can't for the life of me, link you guys to ur pseudo-self.

Ini rupanya keje korang yang tak balik kampung beraya! Tunggu lah dah kawin nantii! You have 2 kampungs to Raya!! (In my case 3 - Selayang/Melako/Ipoh) Hence the lack of communication on my part...

Whats D@r#1m btw?? My brain must be clogged with the lemak from all the rendangs and ketupats... ho hum..