The Toblater Story

A journal of 6 food loving, sweet-toothed lasses persevering the never ending quandary against the utterly fattening Malaysian delicacies. Under the guidance of 2 trainers with opposing modus operandi, these lasses contend for “The Biggest Looser” title over the next 6 months. Follow their compelling tales of forced diets, loathed workouts, amusing treacheries, inspirational insights, infectious gossips and all things related/unrelated to this trivial tussle of feminine, yet feisty vixens

December 25, 2009

MALAKOFF RUN 20th December 2009

Late. But I get around to things eventually :p




MALAKOFF RUN.

The final run for 2009. Boy, we did quite a few this year eh. Not bad at all :)

Q: Run the bloody Malakoff or get our asses smacked big time by Kiah?
A (Team 1, in unison) : Give us Malakoff anytime!

So we didn’t make it on time to register for The ‘Duta-Ulu Kelang Expressway’ run. Sob sob.

Heck! The Toblater Instructor, Kiah (TTI not TYI ok, though the resemblence is uncanny) was gonna be furious as she told us many times to do so before she left for Nepal.
Temah phoned yours truly and Esah and then quickly signed us all up for Malakoff Run instead.
7km for Esah and 12km for the rest. Hopefully TTI will be less angry – fingers crossed!

12km? Sigh. We can do it baby! – That was me talking to my well-fed belly. I’ve not been running/ exercising regularly nowadays. Urgghhhh. Things I do for you, Kiah/ TTI!

Dec 19
- Driving back from Temerloh. Postcall and wet from playing netball with hospital staffs under the drizzling rain .(These people can be very kiasu when playing)
I phoned Temah only to hear - “Don’t forget Malakoff tomorrow!”
O: OMG I forgot, like seriously tak tipu, man! And my shoes are wet!
T: Jangan nak mengada. Blow dry your shoes, and if they’re still wet come tomorrow, you can always wear my spare shoes.
O: Hmmmmm…..Like can fit only. We’ll see la how.
What else could I say?

Dec 20 (Race day): Woke up early. The skies threatened, but the rain held off. Why la why. So I drove to the usual meet up place. Temah’s.
Esah sent in excessively sentimental text messages that morning telling us she doesn’t feel good lah, not ready to run 7k lah, will go to Kiara Park later and run by herself lah yada yada yada.
Did we buy that? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

So off we go. As usual arriving pretty late.

Here are some pictures. I was not ‘properly’ attired. I totally forgot about the run, remember? Baju like want to go pasar basah only.
The blue shorts is my brother’s. I had no choice, either that or my mum’s kain batik. So shut up.



Prepping Esah up. Team spirit yo!




Her 1st 7km.Well done girl! Proud of you..




Team 1 with TTI, the beloved. Bergambar wajib.




TTI, all smiley. Phewwww. Imagine if we didn't register for Malakoff! IMAGINE!!!




Adik manis berposing di tiang. Teringin nak naik kuda.



The new face of Bukit Kiara Equestrian Club. Cun eh.




Half of O-dah with TTI@ Kiah.




Esah with Temah. On our way to the car which was parked like another km away. And some cars were broken into. Thank God our ride was not one of them.




This is the last picture. My ass is getting bigger don't you all think? Urggghhh...next time u see me, my ass will shrink. Dunno if that's a good thing. Owhh what the hell.


We had a nice breakfast at the usual after-run lepak place, Village Park. Had some guilt-free meals while catching up/gossiping. Nice.
U should join us more often, Esah. 2010 ok!!

This is totally irrelevant but the Tempoyak at the hospital café is da bomb! I just discovered my love for tempoyak recently.


The year is coming to its end. My 2009 resolution is officially a kaput.
*&*@&!!))#*#$&@^^#$@#

Hopefully 2010 will be a better year. And SEVENTY HOW MANY EFFING MORE days to Bali? Shoot me dead now pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

O-DAH

4 comments:

esah said...

Odah, this is my 2nd 7km tapi still tak terer2 jugak..hehe..
Btw, have you tried the famous ikan patin masak tempoyak in Temerloh? Org kate sedap gila

DK on December 26, 2009 at 6:24 PM said...

Odah,

You are very funny, eh? Something that I found out after reading this entry. I'm so going to whack Team 1's asses in 74 days to come. My mind right now is all about Bali Bali and Bali!

O-DaH on December 26, 2009 at 10:45 PM said...

Of course i tried the dish, Esah! But sadly, ikan patin is not my thing la. Banyak sangat tulang yo!

Plus I like my tempoyak RAW! Roooaaaarrrrrr!! (WTF, i know)

Oooops, sorry Esah. It's your 2nd 7km. That makes me feel double proud of u mkay!
(Now how do I put a line through the '1st 7km' and add 2nd 7km to the sentence, if you know what i mean! I know I can always edit the post but hey, I want to do it like a real blogger mkay! Enlighten me please)

O-DaH on December 26, 2009 at 10:50 PM said...

TTI,
Jangan stress stress.
Ure scaring me. Im yet to see you for the weigh-in. Dup dap dup dap.......