The Toblater Story

A journal of 6 food loving, sweet-toothed lasses persevering the never ending quandary against the utterly fattening Malaysian delicacies. Under the guidance of 2 trainers with opposing modus operandi, these lasses contend for “The Biggest Looser” title over the next 6 months. Follow their compelling tales of forced diets, loathed workouts, amusing treacheries, inspirational insights, infectious gossips and all things related/unrelated to this trivial tussle of feminine, yet feisty vixens

November 23, 2009

The search for LBD ('Little' Black dress)

Ok ok..the term 'little' is a bit off. It shd be read as The search for a 'curvaceous/big boned ladies' (yes, im in denial) black dress :P

Anyway there i was last week, happily searching high and low for a nice LBD for our company annual dinner with the theme Glittering Black & White. Happy is not the word. It's more of, 'Shit. Why does all the dresses i try to fit in muat takat2 peha aku je ni?'

There must be mistake. The label says loud and clear, size XL. I can fit in, right? WRONG! Unless you are the skinny, flat chested, no bontot kinda girl ...in Malaysia, you can absolutely walk in to any kedai (read:lil boutique shops, bazaar, online shop etc) and fit in any of the clothes.

You see, I've allocated a small budget for the annual dinner dress (nothing above RM150). So instead of going to the mall, i opted to buy at the small boutiques or online. Plus the risk of another person wearing the same dress like me is minimal. Clever kan i?

It took me 5 days to find the right dress with no avail. Bohoo!I've surveyed ALL boutiques in uptown..heck I even went to the rent-a-costume shop in Hartamas, mana tau boleh laaa dapat a nice ala Audrey hepburn dress. Hermp, kena gelakkan adalah ..sebab most of the baju I tak boleh zip! *sob sob*

Finally, after a hearty korean bbq chicken and a second round of boutique survey at uptown (dah lah hujan on that Saturday) ... the dress has finally found me!haha. Mwaks mwaks to Senah & O-dah for being there with me :))


Trust me, If I was not the emcee for the night, I won't even come to the annual dinner. I'm just too lazy to deal with finding a dress, doing hair & make up, the nervous breakdown before going on stage etc etc etc...

Hermm, Im thinking of selling my dress (as seen in pic above). Hey, maybe the Toblaters shd start selling some pre-loved clothes, cater especially for the curvaceous/big boned ladies eh? Siapa nak beli my black/white dress, angkat tangan!

0 comments: