The Toblater Story

A journal of 6 food loving, sweet-toothed lasses persevering the never ending quandary against the utterly fattening Malaysian delicacies. Under the guidance of 2 trainers with opposing modus operandi, these lasses contend for “The Biggest Looser” title over the next 6 months. Follow their compelling tales of forced diets, loathed workouts, amusing treacheries, inspirational insights, infectious gossips and all things related/unrelated to this trivial tussle of feminine, yet feisty vixens

October 12, 2009

experience ala Viktor Navorski

Ppl say that you need to experience things at least once in your life. Which I did and though I did not regret it..but I won’t ever want to experience it again.


Becoming Tom Hanks character in "The Terminal" is something none of us want to.  Stranded at the airport..With no comfy mattress to sleep at night!!! Worse if it is during holiday period.


I've experienced that. I became Viktor Navorski..Tom Hanks character. Overnight at Kite Airline Airport..and spent 2 full days there..Waiting patiently in front of counter 18, row B Kite Airline Airport for my name miraculously to be call upon.  2 days of waiting, seating on the marble  floor with my pink & turquoise luggage close to me.


my luggage


Why? Because I stupidly missed my flight back home!! My reason to that was, I miscalculated my timing. (I’ve never missed any of my flights since I was 13!!!) STUPID STUPID STUPID.  That was the only thing on my mind when I saw the AA counter with no staff (the check in counter already closed) I panicked..but trying so hard to be rational. Went to AA ticketing counter..too bad all flight back was fully booked and the only next available flight is on the eve of 1st day raya..(my mum will kill me..or i think my lil sis will coz she will be the only maid available for raya – suddenly I feel a rush of happiness due to the circumstances..ahaha)


Anyway, my emotion kicks in after I suddenly realized I’ve never spent my raya away. This can’t be happening. I need to be back before the ritual pagi raya salam and eating.  So I decided to go to Kite Airline Airport to try my luck for Kite Airline.  Hmm..how laa to go to  pre="to ">KLIA from here..(pity my brain coz it was pressured)  Taxi seems to be the fastest mode of transportation to go to KLIA..so I took the budget taxi..so much for budget..from AA to Kite airline airport (i can throw batu okay)  costs me RM 42!!! What the heck?! Nway..at that point of time, i just cudnt care anymore..RM42 pun oklah..jalan saja. Had a chatty friendly conversation with the cab driver( I rarely do this), and he said, to go to Tune Hotel that located at the corner of the AA airport, cost ard RM38!!!! Aiyo..cekik darah laa.


Arrived at Kite airline airport, immediately bought 1 way tix (standby).  Double the price of my original 2 way tix okay..As I said to my sis, this is my most expensive raya ever!!  So, that was the background story of how I almost become the permanent resident of Kite Airline airport (2 days can’t justify for PR yet..aahahah)


Slept at one private corner of the airport (thank god for a kinda cushy bench), awaken every 1 hour afraid that I missed the 6am call (they counter 18 staff asked us to queue back at 6am). Finally fully up at 4am on Saturday morning, ate my sahur (4 pieces of Mcd nugget) with orange juice. Then quickly went to counter 18 since they asked us to go there at 6am. Then it hit me..first flight that morning will be at 10am!!! BlaD1h3LL!!! What a frustration!! 10am? Why on earth you asked me to come at 6am for then!!!!!


view from where i was dgn selesanya duduk on the floor


After waiting and more waiting, I am no longer patient.



After 2 days, I decided to make friends..saw a lady with her husband and 1 girl having a conversation. I went to them and joined the conversation. The lady( Al1A) and her husband decided to take different route to go back home and I decided to tag along. Not worth waiting, with no success. I am tired + hungry + serabut + melekit = messed!!  I x mandi for 2 days, what more can you say. We’ve decided to go back via Singapore..took Kite Airline, then first thing in the morning took Harimau Airways back to home.



[caption id="attachment_254" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Kite Airline to Singapore"]Kite Airline to Singapore[/caption]




[caption id="attachment_255" align="aligncenter" width="320" caption="with the lady (Al1A) at Changi Airport"]with the lady (Al1A) at Changi Airport[/caption]


As life full of surprises, when we arrived at Singapore, the lady’s friend (a Singaporean) picked us up, and brought us back to his house. Imagine this (as it crossed my mind at that time), 2 days ago, i was supposed to be back at my cozy bedroom, eating my mum’s cooking..then abt 2 hours ago, I’ve made friend with the lady and her husband, and now, I’m at Singapore and relaxing on stranger’s day bed watching his plasma tv and eating ketupat and lontong during the morning of 1st day raya. All happened in the span of 2 days..oklah..almost 3 days..ahaha.. but still. Amazing kan. Life is really full of suprises. He sent us to the budget airport at 430am (baik sungguh hati dia, pagi buta tuh..) Thank you so much to both him and his wife for their kindness, accommodating me, d stranger in their house..yelah..mana dia tahu if I am some weirdo ke ape ke.




[caption id="attachment_256" align="aligncenter" width="320" caption="My first raya food..thanks One family!"]My first raya food..thanks One family![/caption]

Finally...at budget airport, checked in, and resting at the waiting area. 1 hour and 15 minutes later, I was safely arrived at my familiar surroundings..sampai sudah ke Cat city.




[caption id="attachment_257" align="aligncenter" width="320" caption="the waiting area at Budget airportgreat airline..very punctual!! Will definitely board you again!!"]the waiting area at Budget airport[/caption]

Kiasuly (mentang2lah baru pegi Singapore), i walked out from the plane, to immigration counter, then took my luggage, and straight to my older sis, whom has been waiting for 2 days for me to come back home..of course lah after she hugged me, I kena scolded dolu...she said I’ve made her fall sick..hahahah. drama lah my family.




[caption id="attachment_259" align="aligncenter" width="320" caption="home sweet home"]home sweet home[/caption]

For the rest of my raya holiday, I kept on being reminded of : I missed my flight and celebrated my raya at Singapore dolu. My family decided to use the story as appetizer whenever ppl came to our house for beraya. It was a silent torture!!


Bluerghh!!!! Once is enough! Never again. Though it was a good experience, I’ve managed to skip all the prep for raya and my lil sis still hold a vengeance abt it, but thank you, once is more than enough.


Next year, I will make sure my flight is at night.

2 comments:

messaziz said...

m3ah, finally a post from you! well done! hehehe

i have never heard a more bizarre raya tale, maybe there'll be some tell-us-your-worst-raya-ever contest that you can submit this story for, to make the whole experience worth while. hehehe

kerinting said...

interesting raya!!
(fyi the husband was complaining about how routine raya is every year)

luv the part where you were in a stranger's house on raya morning! :)